AI phone ordering is no passing fad. By 2029, the voice technology industry is projected to reach a staggering 50 billion USD.
But here’s the problem — most restaurant owners that adopt AI phone ordering are leaving money on the table.
AI ordering isn’t just a standalone solution that automates voice orders. It’s an opportunity to take your business to the next level. This article covers:
- How to unlock the hidden potential of AI ordering
- How AI ordering can help you improve labor efficiency, increase order accuracy, and boost profits
- How AI solutions combine to extract the full value from every order
Let’s get started.
How to Turn Voice Orders into Marketing Opportunities
Most AI ordering bots can only integrate with your POS system. This means they can place orders for customers, which is convenient, but not enough.
These bots can’t integrate with your restaurant loyalty platforms, so you miss out on a personalized customer experience that offers AI-driven upsell suggestions, loyalty program enrollment, and automated text marketing.
Unless you have HungerRush.
HungerRush was the first company to layer text ordering, phone ordering, and text marketing into one comprehensive package: OrderAI. This powerful combination gives restaurant owners more value than any individual piece might offer.
OrderAI lets customers opt in to text marketing when they place an order via voice or text. Here’s why that matters:
- Text marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your customers. Texts have a 98% open rate and a 45% response rate — compared to 20% and 6% for email, respectively.
- OrderAI lets you add customers to your data set. You can use this data to segment your customers based on their order history, preferences, behavior, and any other feedback. You can also use this data to personalize your text messages to each customer. Think calling them by name, offering them relevant coupons, or just wishing them happy birthday.
- Integrates automatically (and naturally) with HungerRush loyalty. OrderAI’s marketing engine automates the whole process for you. No more hours of manual data entry — OrderAI analyzes your customer data and sends remarketing texts that your customers will love. That’s because OrderAI knows if certain customers would prefer an appetizer over a dessert promotion and offers whichever will have the highest chance of success.
Next up, we’ll take a closer look at how OrderAI’s features work together.
A Full-Cycle Solution for Restaurant Marketing and Ordering
OrderAI’s three components — OrderAI Talk, Text, and Marketing — each excel in their respective corners. But working together? They combine for a complete solution to extract maximum value from each and every order.
Here’s how it works:
1. Customers join the OrderAI ecosystem by placing an order through OrderAI Talk or Text.
2. Customers receive personalized offers through text marketing.
3. Customers can reorder with offers in seconds through OrderAI Text.
Let’s zoom in.
1. Customers flock to the OrderAI ecosystem.
Customers can enter the OrderAI ecosystem in two ways:
First: When customers call the store to place an order, OrderAI answers and connects with POS and Loyalty platforms to add these semi-anonymous customers and their orders to the customer database, effectively turning phone customers into digital customers.
The second way is via OrderAI Text. We recommend advertising this to customers on your website, social media, and in-store. These customers may or may not already be users of digital channels, but now they have access to an incredibly convenient ordering channel they’re likely to use again and again.
2. Customers receive tailored offers through text marketing.
OrderAI Text uses the same artificial intelligence as OrderAI Talk, but adapted to understand written language. OrderAI Text leads customers through an easy ordering journey that happens entirely through a text conversation.
Your customers are added to the restaurant’s customer database and will get personalized marketing offers directly to their phones if they don’t reorder on their own in a certain time period.
3. Customers reorder in a flash.
Customers can redeem an offer in seconds by replying to the offer text from OrderAI. Customers from both entry points can use the offer with OrderAI Text or by simply calling the store.
Together, these features create a lot more value than any single AI component. The phone order channel becomes an automated digital channel, adding customers to your database for more efficient marketing and eliminating reorder friction with SMS offers.
Don’t take our word for it. Jet’s Pizza processed over 3 million successful orders with OrderAI and experienced:
- 92% order completion rate for phone bot customers
- 14% more profit than from orders placed through third-party delivery services
- 29% of customers who received text remarketing placed one or more orders
- 20% of customers who used text ordering placed two or more orders in a month
- 9% increase in transactions annually
Multiplying Profits with OrderAI
By combining voice ordering, text ordering, and text marketing, you can craft a powerful AI phone ordering strategy that boosts your customer loyalty, order frequency, and lifetime value.
Let’s do the math.
Suppose that voice ordering alone can add 10% value to your business. For every $100 of sales you make with 10% more with voice ordering. But when you layer on text ordering and text marketing, that value may be more like 12%. For every $100 of sales you make with voice ordering plus text ordering and text marketing, you get $12 more than without them.
This may not seem like a big difference at first. But when you consider the number of transactions you make per day, per week, per month, and per year, that 2% piles up.
The average QSR makes $1.7 million in sales per year. Adding 10% to that takes it up to $1,870,000. But adding 12%? $1,904,000. That’s $34,000 more profit — not exactly small change!
And that money compounds over time, as you attract new customers and retain existing ones.
OrderAI: A Profitable Restaurateur’s Secret Sauce
Restaurant owners that only adopt phone ordering are leaving money on the table.
AI phone ordering is just one piece of the puzzle. Loyalty integration, text ordering, and automated personalized marketing are required to maximize each customer’s value. And the best way to do it all is with Order AI.
Ready to automate your phone order experience, engage customers with text offers they can’t ignore, and drive up revenue?
“This solution has been a big win for Jet’s. Store employees are less stressed because they are off the phones and focusing on the best part of the job — making pizzas. Our customers are getting a great experience with crystal-clear quality every time, accurate order details, and the ability to set up easy payment options.”
—Aaron Nilsson, CIO of Jet’s Pizza
The post Most Restaurants That Adopt AI Phone Ordering Will Leave Money On The Table. Here’s Why. appeared first on HungerRush.