Customer happiness is the secret ingredient to any successful pizza shop, but there’s one glaring area where pizza restaurants often drop the ball on creating a delightful experience: delivery. Managing a delivery fleet is hard in-house, but third-party delivery apps aren’t known for getting pizzas to customers while they’re still hot. And this is a liability—if you’re not averaging 4 or more stars, you’re likely to be overlooked by thousands of potential customers. Thankfully a pizza delivery system can help speed up orders, increase accuracy, and ensure that pizzas are delivered hot and fresh.
- How the right pizza delivery system can help your kitchen and delivery run smoothly–even in the middle of the Friday Night rush–meaning less stressed-out staff, happier guests, and more orders.
- How a pizza delivery system improves your customer service by using AI to answer phones—freeing up your staff to focus on service with a smile.
- It’s critical to adopt a pizza POS system that offers customers an ordering experience on par with third-party apps (map tracking, live order updates, driver management system), otherwise guests will gravitate toward the more convenient third-party option.
We pulled from our network of restaurant industry experts and leveraged our combined decades of personal pizzeria experience to craft this list—the 3 steps to leverage a pizza delivery system to create happy customers that’ll keep coming back for more.
Step 1: Choose a Hybrid Pizza Delivery System
The right pizza delivery system makes all the difference. Because, at the end of the day, all your customers want is their pie delivered smoothly, speedily, and piping hot. We recommend choosing a pizza delivery system that allows you to toggle from in-house delivery to third party with the touch of the button.
This allows you to save money by using in-house drivers, but to also turn on third party delivery apps during a rush–all while getting complete visibility on driver location and estimated time of delivery.
Step 2: Speed Up Ordering Process
120 seconds. That’s how long it takes the average order at a restaurant to process. But what if you could cut that down by 25%, process more orders, and make your customers happy they don’t have to wait in line to get their slice of pie?
Well, now you can. A POS designed for pizza offers features like:
- An order screen with a clear layout and large buttons.
- The ability to easily switch between different menus at the touch of a button.
- Add-on items that automatically appear on-screen as you enter an order (extra cheese?).
- Cloud-based so you can use any device to place orders — think ordering iPads or QR code menus accessed by phone.
Step 3: Offer Multi-Channel and Online Ordering
Good customer service? That’s your secret sauce when it comes to delighting customers. It’s the unexpected, personalized touch from a cashier who can see your last order and tells you about a reward you have in your account. It’s the genuine smile on a server’s face as they bring you your pizza, fresh out of the oven.
This type of service is hard to provide when you’re struggling with employee shortages and one staff member is having to do the job of three. That’s where a pizza delivery system can help, by:
- Answering phones automatically with the power of AI.
- Allowing guests to order and pay from QR codes on their phones.
- Freeing you up to redeploy your staff where they’re needed the most.
Create a Friction-Free Ordering and Pizza Delivery Experience
Meeting your customers where they are is the best way to keep them smiling. In our experience, that means offering omnichannel ordering: think online, app, in-store, and drive-thru.
The right pizza delivery system offers a friction-free and cohesive ordering experience for your customers, whatever their preferred ordering channel.
Leveraging half a dozen apps or paying for expensive POS customizations isn’t the answer. A single POS should (and can) handle omnichannel ordering without sacrificing customer experience.
That’s something we can help you with. Check out what pizza businesses like yours are saying about HungerRush pizza delivery software.
Not many POS providers know pizza like us. That’s because we were founded by a team of ex-restaurateurs and hospitality industry experts. We built HungerRush from the ground up with pizza in mind. HungerRush does all the boring stuff so well that you’ll forget it’s even there.
Ready to delight your customers and drive up your profits?
“HungerRush continues to be the leading POS provider in the pizza category.”—Steve Jackson, Hungry Howie’s CEO
The post 3 Steps to Boost Guest Experience with an Optimized Pizza Delivery System appeared first on HungerRush.