What if we told you manually re-entering orders from all your delivery apps into your POS is more than just tedious — it can damage your restaurant business in the long run?
Every time you manually transfer an order into your POS, you’re wasting valuable resources and risking customer dissatisfaction. Thankfully, there’s a better way.
In this article, we’ll show you:
- How manual order re-entry affects both your profit margin and staff efficiency
- Why that wall of tablets in your restaurant is costing you more than you think
- How AI-powered order automation can reduce errors and streamline your business
Let’s cut to the chase.
That Wall of Tablets Is a Recipe for Disaster
How big is your wall of tablets? You know, the ones that keep beeping and flashing with incoming orders from different apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. That wall of tablets isn’t merely annoying — it’s also costing your business revenue.
- Missed Orders: When you juggle multiple devices, it’s easy to miss an order. And with multiple orders coming in from different third-party apps, it’s easy to make a mistake prioritizing which order to prepare first — which leads to unhappy customers, poor reviews, and fewer repeat orders.
- Confused Staff: The wall of tablets can also sow confusion amongst your staff. They have to constantly check each and every device, enter the orders manually into your POS, and then communicate the order to your drivers. All of which increases the risk of errors — not to mention stressing out your employees.
- Reduced Profits: You might lose out on revenue from canceled or refunded orders. You’re also missing out on chances to upsell your customers (stressed-out staff seldom remember to upsell) and provide them with a great dining experience.
There has to be a better way to process orders. And there is — but before we get into that, let’s talk about the pitfalls of processing phone orders.
We Need to Talk About Your Phone Orders
Taking down phone orders and entering them into your POS might seem like a simple task. But it’s actually a huge time sink.
How many times have you seen staff frustrated by a bad phone connection? How many times have they had to repeat the order back to the customer, or ask them to spell their name or address? How many times have they made a mistake in entering the order or forgotten to add a special request?
These errors could be costing your business $30 per order or $9,000 per month! That’s factoring in the costs of interrupting the kitchen flow, wasted ingredients, and so on.
Combine all of the above with the Friday night rush? That’s a recipe for stress and dissatisfaction. And according to our own study, 33% of customers say they’ve had a diminished customer experience due to overstressed staff.
“Restaurant owners and operators have to understand where customers are feeling disengaged and how they can work to ensure their overall experience with the restaurant is a positive one, or else it will impact their brand loyalty.” —Olivier Thierry, CRO of HungerRush
There is a better way: phone order automation. Phone order automation means your staff no longer have to enter orders manually into the POS. That not only reduces the risk of human error but lets you deploy them where a human touch can make a positive difference — like greeting customers and serving food with a smile.
Time Is Money. Manual Order Entry Is Costing You Both.
When you have a staff member responsible for entering the orders manually into your POS, there is always a chance that they will punch the wrong button, misread the order, or forget to add something.
Order inaccuracy leads to customer dissatisfaction. If your customers receive the wrong order or if their order is missing something, they will be unhappy. 39% of them will go on to write a negative review online after experiencing order inaccuracy. They may also complain to their friends and family, which can damage your restaurant’s reputation.
“When restaurants embrace technology to empower their staff, many common areas of complaints from customers can be resolved or eliminated completely.” —Olivier Thierry, CRO of HungerRush
Manual order entry is also tough on your staff. If they make a mistake, employees may feel guilty and stressed. They will also have to deal with angry customers or managers, lowering their morale and productivity.
All of these issues can be avoided with automatic order transfer. With 95% order accuracy, no order bottleneck, and consistent upselling — AI order automation is here to help restaurant owners overcome these challenges.
Eliminating Human Error Is The Perfect AI Use Case
Manual order re-entry is a serious challenge that’s costing your business dearly. If you don’t get a handle on your order entry, loyal customers aren’t going to come back or leave you many 5-star reviews.
Don’t let manual re-entry slow you down or ruin your reputation.
HungerRush is a restaurant management system that helps you streamline your operations, increase your efficiency, and boost your sales. With HungerRush, you can:
- Automate your phone orders with voice recognition and AI
- Integrate your online orders with your POS system
- Manage your delivery orders with real-time tracking and routing
Try HungerRush today and see how it can transform your restaurant for the better.
“HungerRush customer support is outstanding. I’ve worked closely with their department multiple times on projects, and they have always been extremely thorough and responsive. I am extremely happy with HungerRush’s customer service and with HungerRush as a whole.” —Ann Keller from Hot Tomato Cafe
The post Manual Order Re-Entry Into Your POS Is A Profit-Killer appeared first on HungerRush.